Do you have an OpenLink 4.x or newer license? If so, take the
- Save the license to the directory that contains
- Open a DOS prompt.
- cd into the directory that contains asnprint.exe.
- Run asnprint.exe . For example:
asnprint.exe reveals the following, useful information:
- SerialNumber - Does the user report Duplicate Serial Number
errors? If so, gather all licenses from the user environment and
compare serial numbers. The serial numbers must not be identical.
Identical serial numbers show that the user is attempting to break
the licensing agreement by using one license on multiple machines.
Direct such users to Account Management.
- RegisteredTo - This parameter has no support value.
- NumberOfUsers - This value represents the number of client
machines that can connect simultaneously. It is useful in resolving
"exceeded maximum number of licensed connections errors." If a user
experiences this error, compare the NumberOfUsers parameter to the
number of client machines that connect at one time. Traces,log
files, or database monitoring tools may also be needed to ascertain
the true number of clients that are connected at one time.
- NumberOfConnections - This value represents the number of
database sessions that may be opened simultaneously. It is useful
in resolving "exceeded maximum number of licensed connections
errors." If a user experiences this error, compare the
NumberOfConnections parameter to the number of open database
sessions. Traces,log files, oplshut -s output, or database
monitoring tools may also be needed to ascertain the true number of
sessions that are open at one time.
- NumberOfCPUs - This value must match the number of CPUs
installed in the user's machine.
- Clients - An ODBC designation will prevent users from using the
JDBC Data Access Mechanism. An JDBC designation will prevent users
from using the ODBC Data Access Mechanism.
- ExpireDate - Check this parameter, if the user reports license
expiration errors. Compare with the current date.
- Platform - Check this parameter, if the user experiences errors
that suggest the license is invalid for the operating system.
Compare with a uname -a from the actual machine.
- Availability -
- Release - Check this parameter, if the user reports invalid
license or upgrade license errors. Compare with Multi-Tier Broker
and/or agent strings or Single-Tier version information.
Consultants may open OpenLink's 1.x and 3.x licenses to obtain the
same information. Finally, if licensing problems persist, take the
- Insure that only one license appears on the relevant
- Insure that Multi-Tier Request Brokers are restarted or
- Insure that Single-Tier drivers and Single-Tier licenses share
the same product code.
- As a last resort, reinstall and relicense the product. Wipe
references to OpenLink products from Windows registries, where