Users do not want to make manual edits to Unix-based
openlink.ini files. Instead, users should perform the following
actions, before they install OpenLink drivers:
- Login to the Unix system.
- su to the database client user.
- Execute the database client user's .profile.
- Run OpenLink's installation procedure.
OpenLink's installation procedure should detect the database client
user's environment variables and write them into openlink.ini. If
this procedure fails, users's should take the following action:
- vi the database client user's .profile.
- Record the variables contained in the file.
- cd into the /bin sub-directory of the OpenLink
- vi openlink.ini.
- Locate the [Environment] section that pertains to the OpenLink
- Set the appropriate environment variables.