Some users cannot use existing licenses to register their
software. Take the following action:
- Ensure that all ftp transfers are conducted in binary transfer
mode. OpenLink's licenses are binary executables.
- Obtain Single-Tier client driver versions or Multi-Tier Broker
versions. Use ASNPRINT.exe to ensure that the license and product
share the same version. (Consultants must open 1.x and 3.x licenses
with Notepad. ASNPRINT cannot read these files.)
- Remove extraneous, OpenLink licenses from the machine.
- Insure that the OpenLink's Windows and Unix licenses are passed
by the PATH environment variable. Insure that Unix licenses are
passed by the Unix OPL_LICENSE_DIR variable.
- Remove references to old, OpenLink licenses from the registry,
if the problem persists. (Search using license product code.)
- Please reinstall and register the software, if the problem
persists. Windows Single-Tier users should remove references to the
Single-Tier driver-from their registries-before re-installation.
Users may run regedit from a terminal prompt to access their