The following factors contribute to performance problems:
- Use of OpenLink's older 1.x and 3.x drivers. The RPC
communications layer--contained within newer, OpenLink drivers--was
redesigned for enhanced performance.
- Use of OpenLink's Multi-Tier drivers when use of Single-Tier
drivers is possible. Single-Tier drivers boost performance.
- Use of sockets connectivity where shared memory connectivity is
- Retrieval of large, binary objects.
- Non-use or misuse of the Row Buffer Size DSN attribute.
- Use of less efficient cursor modalities.
- Poor use of indexes and table structuring.