No single procedure will enable consultants to resolve all
problems. Instead, consultants will need to develop a flexible
attitude and a wide-variety of diagnostic skills. In the interim,
new consultants may use the following tips to debug their
- Construct an architectural diagram depicting the user's client
machine(s), server machine(s), application(s), and
- Gather version information for each element in the
- Insure that the user has the correct OpenLink product type and
version for his or her specific needs.
- Insure that the components have been properly installed,
configured, and licensed.
- Ask for the full text of any error message that may arise
during the use of OpenLink products.
- Obtain the error, a Session Rules Book, and a Request Broker
log for any Multi-Tier connection issues. Obtain the error and a
trace for any Multi-Tier, post-connection SQL or ODBC related
- Obtain the error and connection attributes for any Single-Tier
connection issues. Obtain the error and a trace for any
Single-Tier, post-connection SQL or ODBC related problems.
If the source of the problem is not immediately evident, see
section 9.22.5 for additional diagnostic resources. Use section
9.27 to interpreting those resources.